Chemical Manufacturing ERP Software
Chemical Manufacturing ERP Software
Chemical Inventory Software – SYSPRO Business Solutions for Chemicals Manufacturers
Commodities pricing volatility and economic uncertainty. Globalization and industry consolidation. Low margins and high fixed costs. Changing regulatory requirements. In the chemicals or plastics industry it’s clear you face steep challenges. Without the right data insights and software solutions, you could be missing opportunities – or perhaps worse, face regulatory penalties.
Optimizing manufacturing efficiency and flexibility, and improving customer relations and service, are key to your continued success, as is the management and control of hazardous materials and quality control. Low margins and high fixed costs in the industry mean that tight control and visibility to all aspects of your operations are essential to maximize your profits in a competitive environment.
Whether you supply commodity, intermediate or tertiary products, managing one location or a multinational corporation, take your chemical business to the next level with a strong, integrated ERP technology foundation, from a vendor who knows how to solve your specific industry challenges. SYSPRO has the flexibility to help you meet the chemical industry’s challenges and capitalize on your opportunities.
7 Key Chemical Manufacturing challenges SYSPRO can help you resolve
Total amount spent on R&D by the global chemical industry in 2017. This spending supported a $92 billion GDP contribution, and 1.7 million jobs.
- Control quality with multi-level formula management of intermediates and products, including co-products and by-products
- Maintain revision history for audit reporting
- Protect your designs with highly granular security controls
- Accurately track total costs of intermediate and finished goods
Accommodate variable end-products which result from regrading and unpredictable chemical processes
- Easily cost and capture the receipt of multiple products of varying grades from jobs originally planned for single-grade items using SYSPRO’s co-products and manufacturing inspection functionality
- You can choose to apportion costs between components and co-products according to a percentage breakdown for total material, operation and sub-contract cost, or you can define percentages against specific operations and materials
- Record the inspection details of manufactured items and, depending on the results, select to receipt, scrap or rework quantities
- You can receipt inspection items as the original product to manufacture, or as a different product or products, which is useful for end-products of variable grade
Comply with local and international environmental and safety regulations
- Improve your capability to demonstrate compliance in your core processes, as well as implement a variety of control measures for stringent record-keeping to suit the level of vigilance required
- SYSPRO’s flexible features and integrated nature ensure rapid access to centralized compliance information across your business
- Whether a compliance-critical requirement, or an analysis tool for continuous improvement strategies, the traceability of products from material origins through manufacture to final destination, is a key system requirement in many industries
- SYSPRO facilitates the recording of traceability and quality data on materials and products from purchasing through inspection, manufacturing, manufacturing inspection, stocking and sales. The recording of expiry and shelf-life information is also facilitated and powerful queries enable both upward and downward searches by stock code, lot number and transaction type
- Leverage advanced forecasting and planning to more closely match supply with demand
- Ensure the right raw materials are in place for each job with advanced Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Streamline purchasing by using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) to trade with partners and value-added networks
- Track quality status, lot numbers, expiration dates and multiple units of measure
- Improve visibility of warehouse activity from receipt of goods through outbound shipping
- Use data to see production costs and requirements for each formula and component
- Simplify planning and scheduling to maximize capacity
- Minimize bottlenecks with a real-time view of each step of the production process
- Manage Work in Process: gain control over scrap, yield and rework metrics
- Identify ways to sequence production more efficiently based on product characteristics
- Allocate inventory to orders on a first-expire-first-out (FEFO) basis to minimize waste
- Automate tracking of variances and defects
- Reduce lead times for faster delivery
- Create bi-directional traceability reports against ingredients, finished goods or even packaging
- Satisfy Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements in minutes
- Simplify compliance with Global Harmonized System (GHS) and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) requirements
- Produce Certificates of Analysis (COA) quality control documentation easily
- Handle returns and defective material issues with greater efficiency
Simplify your operations with SYSPRO Chemicals Manufacturing Software
- Protect R&D and control formula development
- Manage hazardous materials and reduce compliance risks
- Reduce waste with better inventory and materials management
- Manage the storage, handling and transportation of hazardous goods
- Manage complex production recipes
- Manage by-products for those companies that produce by-products as a result of their manufacturing processes and who want to recycle, sell or use these by-products for some other value-added purpose, rather than write them off as unrecoverable scrap.
- Ensure production quality and comply with ISO and SDS requirements
- Improve real-time visibility across your operations for smarter decision-making
- Reduce costs and eliminate waste while remaining flexible and responsive
SYSPRO ERP at your finger tips
Business Critical Solutions
Industry-built to support your quality and safety systems, SYSPRO ERP offers a full traceability system which enables manufacturers to:
- Track materials from receipt right through to delivery of the product to the customer, as well as at any level in between
- Rapidly identify, quarantine and retrieve potentially defective goods from customers
- Accelerate the time to completion of your product recalls
- Improve governance and drive compliance
- Continually test and improve your traceability system
- Remain compliant and meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Mitigate the risks associated with recall
- SYSPRO’s Work in Progress inspection system gives you the tools to record the inspection details of manufactured items and, depending on the results, select to receipt, scrap or rework quantities. Units in inspection are visible, but unavailable for use until accepted into stock. Within the inspection function, you can capture detailed records of counts, inspection, scrap, rework and stock receipts
- You can receipt inspection items as the original product to manufacture, or as a different product or products, which is useful for end-products of variable grade. Also, you can receipt items into a warehouse different than what was originally planned
- SYSPRO Bill of Materials (BOM) is designed to ensure your organization has complete control over the product structure.
- The complete bill forms the foundation for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing and ensures that engineering, production, purchasing and order processing are utilizing the same information
- It allows you to facilitate accurate expected costs against which actual production costs can be tracked
- SYSPRO BOM provides a mechanism for configuring the manufacture of multiple items against a single bill of material, including those products that result from the manufacturing process but which are not included in demand planning. This is useful for companies that produce by-products as a result of their manufacturing processes and who want to recycle, sell or use these by-products for some other value-added purpose, rather than write them off as unrecoverable scrap
Features enable the creation of user-defined Work-flows to control the product development process and ensure electronic sign-off. Transactional data is controlled through a paperless approval and authorization mechanism including ECC event triggers as defined by an organization.
SYSPRO ERP Product Brochure
Download this Brochure to get a visual view of SYSPRO solutions for Manufacturing.
Digitalizing for Manufacturers
Find the Crucial First Steps to Your Digital Transformation Journey in this Whitepaper.
SYSPRO Avanti Web Interface
Choose the device that best meets the task at hand, whether in office, on the shop floor, or on the move.
Partner With an ERP Industry Leader
See what the Experts and Users have to say about SYSPRO ERP Software
See how SYSPRO continues to positively impact our customers.
Keep up to date with trending topics and what the experts are saying about your industry
Understanding ERP Requirements for Discrete Manufacturing and Process Manufacturing
Author: Odete Passingham | Post Date: 02 Jul 2014
One of the ways that manufacturers can be classified is as discrete or process; this describes the type of manufacturing processes…
Top 5 ERP Technology Predictions for the Manufacturing Sector in 2020
Author: Kevin Dherman | Published: 02 Jan 2020
2019 was quite a year. China became the first nation in the world to safely and successfully land a spacecraft on the far…