In the dim distant past of ERP, 10 years ago and more, the way you learnt about the software was by referring to the training manuals relating to various modules – Accounts Payable, Bill of Materials, etc. It was a very product-oriented and narrow view of learning. Times have changed, fortunately, and learning materials are turning towards how people work – their roles – and the business processes involved.
Recently, SYSPRO’s Education department added a new training guide called Transaction Flows and T-Charts, aimed at business analysts and accountants. It provides a visual guide to how transactions update SYSPRO tables (the flows), and shows t-charts of how those transactions generate general ledger entries; it also covers several end-to-end business processes, such as Require-Procure-Pay and Schedule-Produce-Distribute.
Why would this be useful?
- Previously you would need to go through several different training guides for the various modules to find this information, now it’s in one place.
- Auditors and compliance officers can use this guide for validation purposes.
- If you are migrating from another ERP system to SYSPRO, this guide helps in getting to grips with some SYSPRO features.
- Makes training easier by putting it in the context of a role and what it takes to perform that role. After training, users have a manual that supports their particular set of activities.
This guide is part of a series of process- and role-oriented guides that our Education department is producing. There are already role-based training guides for:
- Bookkeeper and Accountant
- Inventory Control Manager and Dispatcher
- Salesperson, Order Entry Clerk and Sales Manager
Other guides in the pipeline are for Production Planners, and Cost Accountants.
If you are a SYSPRO customer or partner, you can access the training guides via the Edu Hub on the new SYSPRO InfoZone.
Suggestions for other guides are always welcome; leave a comment on this blog.