SYSPRO Bill of Material (BOM) is designed to ensure your organization has complete control over the product structure. This module ensures that engineering, production, purchasing and order processing are utilizing the same information. The Bill of Materials is defined by the manufacturing process and includes: work centers, labor, tools, dies, inserts, fixtures, raw materials, packaging, scrap rates, setup times, yields and equipment. The Bill of Material allows you to facilitate accurate expected costs against which actual production costs can be tracked. What-if costing facilities are provided, as well as the facility to calculate the cumulative and manufacturing lead times of an item and to update the relevant fields against the stock item.
The complete bill forms the foundation for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing.The Bill of Materials system enables you to construct quantity or percentage relationships between assemblies (final product) sub-assemblies (bulk batches) and components (raw materials) using up to 15 levels and you can assign each component to a selected operation in the parent routing. You can model the routing (i.e. the relationship between work centers and the time taken by the various elements of capacity usage) of the product to accommodate varying size batches, milestone operations, progressive scrap and dynamic elapsed times. The routing can also include information on tooling, operator skill levels, operation instructions, testing requirements, etc.
The benefits of Bill of Materials
- Supports up to 15 levels
- Multiple recovery rates per cost center, work center and employee
- Multiple routes for lead time, cost and contingency modeling
- Calculation of manufacturing and cumulative lead times
- Calculation of dynamic elapsed time and capacity required from elements of operation time
- Unit, rate and block runtime
- Capacity unit of measure conversion factor for capacity units other than time
- Capacity calendar per work center and productive unit
- Material and operation scrap
- Percentage and planning bills, phantom parts, and sub-contract operations
- Optional components for sales of kits
- Co- and by-products
- Import functions for integration to third-party programs such as CAD