You have made significant investments in your equipment and other key assets. Now you can accurately and efficiently manage these assets throughout their entire lifecycle. SYSPRO Assets Register provides up-to-date, real-time information pertaining to the value of all assets within the organization by keeping a record of depreciation and current asset values. It also contains a facility which evaluates the remaining worth by tracking income and expenditures derived from assets. The Assets Register system enables you to manage and control your non-current assets in terms of wear-and-tear depreciation, book value, disposals, additions, and re-valuations. The information contained in the Assets Register can integrate to the General Ledger, or be run stand-alone. You can optionally record costs incurred in the maintenance of assets against the individual asset concerned. These costs can be broken down over a number of expense codes.
Extensive valuations and revaluations can be performed on your assets and an import facility enables you to generate your assets register by importing asset details created by 3rd party application software.
The Capital Expenditure Budgetary and Control (Capex) sub-system allows users to budget for, and manage Capital Expenditure items, for the current financial year, and future financial years. Each Capex item budget reflects uncommitted, committed and spent balances. An approval process allows for Capex items to be managed and controlled by status:- unapproved, approved, on hold, and closed. Approved Capex lines result in the creation of WIP jobs, purchase requisitions or purchase orders.
The benefits of Assets Register
- Register of all assets, their details and values
- Multi-period accounting
- User-defined retention of history
- Asset budget approval and requisitioning against Capex
- Asset quantities and additions
- Full or partial disposal of assets
- Book and tax values, as well as alternative user-defined valuations
- Separate book and tax value depreciation codes
- Periodic and accumulated depreciation values
- Financial revaluation of assets
- Provision for initial and investment allowances
- Tracking of asset-related transactions
- Transfer of assets between companies, branches, cost centers and locations
- Asset counts, with an option for bar–coded labels
- Support for IAS 16 regulations
- Support for MACRS methods used by the IRS in USA