What is GDPR?
The European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy.
GDPR comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
Who Does GDPR Affect?
The GDPR extends to anyone doing business in the EU. If you intend to do business with any of the 508 million people living in the EU, you need to review your business systems to ensure you comply.
What are the Considerations for Your Business?
- Identify the personal data in your systems, and where it resides
- Implement robust governance on how personal data is accessed and used
- Establish appropriate security controls to prevent, detect and respond to data breaches and vulnerabilities
- Respond to requests from individuals asserting their data protection rights
- Maintain documentation of compliance, including records of processing activities and responses to requests from individuals
- Report any data breaches in a timely fashion as required by law
How can SYSPRO Facilitate Your Business Compliance?
SYSPRO cannot offer any guarantee of your compliance with any laws, regulations or standards governing the protection of personal information with the use of our ERP software. It is each organization’s responsibility to adopt the appropriate governance measures for the protection of personal information within their organization. To help you we can offer you:
- Ability to auto delete unused personal data
- A wealth of audit trails to highlight data access
- Ability to create additional controls via e-signatures
- Access control to certain personal data fields
- Activity access restriction within programs that relates to the adding, updating or viewing personal data fields
- Program restrictions that relate to the adding, updating or viewing of personal data fields
- And more
SYSPRO is a world leader in ERP
Enabling positive disruption in companies, which leads to real-world innovation adding value to our customer’s businesses.