SYSPRO Blanket Sales Orders provides an effective method of setting up contracts between original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers by providing blanket sales orders with multiple release dates, multiple call-offs and cumulative tracking. An underlying problem for suppliers is the time it takes to action a new release and the ability of management to examine the ramifications of any changes. The process is inherently difficult and error-prone, often resulting in the supplier incurring penalties for stopping the OEM's assembly line. The supplier is neither able to check timely that the OEMs are adhering to the contract, nor do they have time to establish their own capability of meeting the new requests. This results in missed delivery dates, emergency purchasing and production control in a permanent state of expediting.
The Blanket Sales Orders and Releases system is designed to address these problems. It enables the easy capture or import of a new release and provides the necessary tools to manipulate the release and advise the customer of what has been accepted or changed, and why. It enables updating of existing scheduled orders automatically, and provides an audit trail of deliveries so that disputes over quantities supplied to date can be resolved. It also enables the various tasks to be subdivided so that the appropriate level of staff can be employed for each function.
The benefits of Blanket Sales Orders and Releases
- Easy reconciliation according to discrete or cumulative quantities
- Control the parameters as well as the negotiated contractual arrangements
- Reduce the amount of cash tied up in raw materials and components, while allowing you to schedule the resources needed to manufacture the product
- Simple manual or EDI receipt of releases and call-offs
- Automated balancing and correction of opening balances
- Extensive visual decision-support, comparing existing plans and contractual arrangements before accepting changes
- Detailed query provides access to sales order lines, customer information and release history
- Online release history query by month and year
- Sales can define the parameters and contractual arrangements negotiated with the OEM
- Entry clerks and/or EDI methods can be used to quickly record a new release
- Management can review the new request; compare it with base data, contractual arrangements and production practicality; manipulate it to suit their needs and capability; and accept the results