Specialized vehicle manufacturing covers a wide range of organizations, from Formula One racing cars and high-performance automobiles to military vehicles, buses and fire trucks.
While the range of products and customers in the industry is diverse, specialized vehicle manufacturers share common challenges - the industry operates in highly competitive markets, often with a high cost of tendering, products are typically of a high value and highly customized, and there are onerous aftermarket demands.
SYSPRO not only has the flexibility to help you to meet these challenges but the system's powerful functionality provides you with the tools to implement your LEAN initiatives, helping to drive waste from your operation, reduce costs, and improve quality and the efficiency of your supply chain management:
- Our Product Configurator and Quotations solutions can reduce the high cost of tendering.
- SYSPRO Bill of Materials facilitates an accurate expected cost against which to track actual production costs with the complete bill forming the basis for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing.
- Our Engineering Change Control solution helps you improve the management of engineering changes to your products and/or associated data. This is achieved through user-defined workflow, steps and processes and can augment or replace the paper trail that usually accompanies any changes to product design data.
- Our sophisticated Inventory Control, Optimization and Forecasting solutions can help you manage aftermarket demands.
- SYSPRO Work in Progress enables you to minimize job costs through the efficient utilization of production resources. It allows you to accurately control costs of work orders currently in progress by tracking the material, labor and resource utilization and activity of the manufacturing process, while managing the performance of the shop floor.