At SYSPRO, our goal is to provide our customers with innovative technologies and services that simplify their business operations and put them ahead of the competition.
In order for SYSPRO to play such a vital role, we need a team of top-class people behind us. We look for talent who will continue to represent SYSPRO and our core values by bringing ambition, intelligence, drive, tenacity and compassion to the workplace while having a can-do attitude and inspiring those around you. By working at SYSPRO, you’ll gain more than just a job. You’ll be part of a global force that is using innovation to enhance the way businesses operate, one customer at a time. We also have a lot of fun along the way.
Explore SYSPRO career opportunities to find a position that’s exciting and rewarding. If you don’t see a current opening that suits your career objectives, send us your resume anyway as we are always looking for the best people to join Team SYSPRO.
Closing date: 30 June 2017
This role is responsible for the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This person is expected to work with business users, analysts and peers to provide solutions following a defined Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process. The person is expected to be a Senior Level Microsoft Administrator and have the capability and understanding of other applications such as Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Server environments in order to recommend and utilize appropriate toolsets based on business requirements. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions:
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements.
- Business analysis, business modeling, data modeling, optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, change management, installation and configuration of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS environments.
- Designing and supporting systems that provide easy and natural end-user access.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data is successfully backed-up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created.
- Support production systems as required by optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow-up on reported problems.
- Repair and recover from hardware, software or networking failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Resolving customer issues including complex technical scenarios integrating several cloud capabilities (Windows Azure, SQL Azure, AppFabric, etc.) and scenarios supporting the service such as service availability, quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost efficient solution architecture.
- Establishes performance standards and proactively monitors performance.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation.
- Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
- Working with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
- Supervise daily activities working with business leadership to assure SLA and KPI alignment to business objectives.
- Creating test plans, test cases, test scripts and performing technical unit tests.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Providing training and documentation when requested.
- Ability to manage multiple small to large projects in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to author, present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences.
- Ability to evaluate technical solutions and recommend solutions.
- Experience as an IT project resource or lead.
- Disciplined professional willing and able to lead or follow in a dynamic work environment.
- Adaptable professional with ability to drive change to transform systems and processes.
- Understanding of security and segregation of duty requirements for an enterprise system.
- Collaborative personality with excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to visualize the big picture and manage minute details.
- Motivated and strong work ethic.
- Vision to read printed materials on a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Education and qualification:
- Senior Certificate or NQF 4 equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
5 + Years IT experience in Large Microsoft Enterprise environments
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internal concepts, IIS Administration experience.
- Experience with Hyper-V configuration and administration networking.
- Experience with Microsoft Management tools (SCOM, SCCM, SCSM, MS Orchestrator (Opalis)).
- Experience with Unified Messaging (MS Exchange and Lync/Skype for Business)
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, wire shark, etc.).
- Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS.
- Advanced experience with scripting tools such as XML and PowerShell.
- Experience working with and maintaining MS SQL Server, including performance tuning.
- Experience configuring and maintaining MS Azure PaaS & IaaS offerings.
- Server clustering experience.
- Experience with data reconciliation and migration between data environments (e.g. dev, test, staging, prod, etc).
- Experience with Virtualized storage including vendors like NetApp, EMC, Nimble and Microsoft. ISCI and Fiber channel SAN storage experience.
- MCSE Server Infrastructure or MCSE Private Cloud.
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification.
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Certifications.
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification
Location: SYSPRO Head Office Sunninghill
Travelling: Will be required to travel
Office hours: As determined by client and/or project commitments, to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Other: May be required to work overtime to attend to critical support issues.
Fill in the form below to apply for the position you are interested in.