eBookThinking About ERP eBook
Global TalkGlobal Talk 2013 - 3rd Quarter
How can we help you?
- Created on Sunday, 08 February 2009 07:39
- Published on Sunday, 08 February 2009 07:39
Software Provider's 'Green' Capabilities Yielding Benefits for Smaller Manufacturers; Embody SYSPRO's PragmaVisionTM View of Pragmatic, Yet Visionary Solutions.
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- February 18, 2009 - SYSPRO, a provider of visionary ERP software for the manufacturing pragmatist , today announced that its Project Green EnableTM enterprise resource planning (ERP) capabilities are reducing costs and supporting environmental responsibility initiatives at small and mid-sized manufacturers and distributors. SYSPRO's continued leadership in providing 'green ERP'-centric solutions continues to win awards and attention from leading state and environmental association activists.
"Green technologies are a key component of TechAmerica's 'Innovation Now, Technology Agenda for America,'" notes Don Hicks, Executive Director. "As an association of companies driving innovation worldwide, we promote the use of environmentally responsible technology-based solutions as a means toward solving our nation's energy challenge. Better energy efficiency, via programs from SYSPRO and other corporations tuned into these issues, reduces waste, operating costs and supports the nation's drive towards energy independence."
SYSPRO was one of the first companies to pioneer a 'green' solution, when in 2003 it introduced the SYSPRO Material Yield System which enables cut-shape suppliers to reclaim remnants for future use, saving them from landfills. Today, SYSPRO's 'green' leadership is embodied by its "Project Green Enable," a very broad collection of capabilities now inherent in the company's enterprise software solution.
SYSPRO Project Green Enable encompasses programs across three dimensions: Energy Efficiency; Waste Reduction; Recyclable/Re-Use of Resources and Energy Efficiency. SYSPRO Energy Efficiency initiatives are among the industry's most cost-saving and are sought after by small and mid-sized manufacturers striving to remain profitable in this recessionary global economy. SYSPRO Project Green Enable Energy Initiatives include:
- SYSPRO Load Planning, which helps companies to combine delivery loads, reducing the number of required truck/delivery trips;
- SYSPRO SRS, an analysis component enabling customers to create reports, queries and/or customized views for measuring success against green initiatives;
- SYSPRO Document Management, a calculated information lifecycle management solution for determining and optimizing paper vs. electronic storage methodologies;
- SYSPRO Factory Scheduling, which facilitates efficient use of all resources tied to people, power and materials on the factory floor.
The company's Waste Reduction capabilities drive companies to cut down on paper/landfill via such programs as:
- SYSPRO Electronic Funds Transfers and Credit Card Interface to reduce the number of paper checks issued and received;
- SYSPRO Contact Management, which dramatically cuts paper utilization by electronically accumulating all contact details (emails, documents, etc.) in a single location;
- SYSPRO EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), which lets companies electronically transmit documents to suppliers and customers, speeding communications while reducing paper use;
- SYSPRO Web Applications, allowing customers and suppliers to leverage Microsoft .NET technologies for communicating and exchanging paperless documentation via a Web Portal;
- SYSPRO Forecasting, an inventory capability, reducing inventory guesswork that can lead to surplus parts, materials and unneeded space storage facilities;
- SYSPRO Reporting Services (SRS), a state-of-the art reporting capability that has been proven to substantially reduce paper associated with general reporting, as well as sales documents, invoices and purchasing statements.
A third and powerful category of SYSPRO Project Green Enable is Recyclable and Re-Use. It includes:
- SYSPRO Work in Process Scrap Analysis, which reduces scrap waste during production cycles by capturing and analyzing live data on evaluating potential re-use of materials;
- SYSPRO Material Yield System, which enables cut-shape suppliers to recycle and re-use remnants identified in the Work in Process Scrap Analysis. (The Material Yield System sends remnants back into stock with the automatic creation of part numbers and values; they then become part of the inventory from which new orders are calculated.)
SYSPRO President Joey Benadretti re-emphasizes SYSPRO's commitment to environmental responsibility. "We believe that every company has a social responsibility not only to the regions in which it operates, but to the global community, as well. It then follows that SYSPRO continue to develop pragmatic software solutions that not only enable businesses to attain new levels of efficiency but to facilitate 'green' practices as well."
SYSPRO's more thoughtful approach to adopting new technology, such as web services and SOA platforms, also reflects the desires of its buyers who are driven by business needs and not by the latest headlines. This exemplifies SYSPRO's ongoing strategy of helping to simplify the success of its customers. SYSPRO calls its buyer landscape "PragmaVision,"Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ consisting of pragmatic, visionary ERP executives that are driven by a desire for smart, but aggressive market growth.
Since its inception in 1978, SYSPRO has been delivering state-of-the-art business solutions to some of the world's leading companies. As a global leader in the production of world-class ERP software, the company now caters to the specialized needs of 14,000 licensed companies in more than 60 countries worldwide. SYSPRO is marketed globally through regional territory distribution centers and a global reseller network in the US, Canada, Africa, Asia Pacific, Australia and the UK.
SYSPRO is a fully integrated business software solution that provides complete control over the planning and management of all facets of business including accounting, manufacturing and distribution operations in a variety of industries.
All company names and products mentioned in this release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.