Key Features and Functions
SYSPRO enables the time-phased planning and execution of both dependent and independent component replenishment, as well as the efficient management of component issues to production. Our solutions ensure that automatic replenishment calculations for dependent demand satisfy quantity and date requirements, as well as catering for independent demand for spares. We also have the tools to cater for other replenishment-planning approaches which may be better suited to optimizing inventory in your environment.
- The system's component-to-operation linking facility, on both standard and non-standard product bills of material, as well as its order policy, lot sizing and dynamic lead time functionality, ensures that automatic replenishment calculations for dependent demand satisfy quantity and date requirements. Independent demand for spares is also catered for through the use of SYSPRO's multi-level MPS and forecasting functionality. Inventory order-point indicators, such as reorder point, minimum/maximum levels and safety stock, provide the tools for other replenishment-planning approaches which may be better suited to optimizing inventory in your environment.
- SYSPRO enables the quick review and execution of suggested actions for component purchasing and production, using either the Requirements Calculation or trial kitting criteria as a source. For make-to-order and engineer-to-order environments, sales order-to-job linking, purchase order- to-job linking and the bill-of-jobs features enable the automatic raising and linking of component requirements for a customer order line. Extensive purchase order and blanket purchase order functionality, as well as SYSPRO's electronic collaboration tools ensure fast and secure communication of orders to suppliers around the globe.
- SYSPRO's Multi-level Trial Kitting program enables you to quickly check that you have all components required for a standard part, job or bill of jobs before issuing any materials or launching a job onto production and if not, where shortages exist. The Kit Issues program determines the exact issues required for a user-defined range of job operations, thereby helping to avoid cluttering the production area with unnecessary component inventory.
- Where production runs are short and work-in-progress control is not required, SYSPRO's back-flushing enables you to issue components used, on receipt of the parent product.
- SYSPRO's where-used query and replace facilities enable seamless replacement of one component with another throughout relevant bills of material, while the Engineering Change Control (ECC) module enables full version and release level management of this process if required.