Engineering change order
Within the Engineering Change Control (ECC) module, engineering change orders (ECO) function as the central mechanism around which changes to your bills of material are controlled and tracked, and status-related events are triggered.
The Engineering Change Order process is a workflow type subsystem. If a product is under the control of ECC, then any maintenance to a bill of material and/or routing of the product can be accomplished only by means of a current ECO.
Engineering Change Orders provides the mechanism to:
- assign product design tasks to particular users (or groups of users)
- transfer tasks between users (or groups of users)
- notify users of new tasks
- remind users of outstanding tasks
- sign off engineering changes electronically