Within the Engineering Change Control (ECC) module, engineering change orders (ECO) function as the central mechanism around which changes to your bills of material are controlled and tracked, and status-related events are triggered.
The Engineering Change Order process is a workflow type subsystem. If a product is under the control of ECC, then any maintenance to a bill of material and/or routing of the product can be accomplished only by means of a current ECO.
Engineering Change Orders provides the mechanism to:
- assign product design tasks to particular users (or groups of users)
- transfer tasks between users (or groups of users)
- notify users of new tasks
- remind users of outstanding tasks
- sign off engineering changes electronically